There are numerous other opportunities for school/college groups to get involved with the School of Sport and Exercise Science.
Sports Course Talk (Yrs 11-13)
Invite one of our members of staff and/or student ambassadors to come to your school/college and deliver a talk about life at UW and the sports courses we have on offer.
Personal Development Workshops (College/Sixth Form)
We can deliver a series of Personal Development Workshops at your school/college to provide students with a direct insight into some of the attributes required for undergraduate study.
These 3-hour interactive workshops involve practical activities and candid accounts from current students regarding their university experiences to date and provide students with a forum to air any concerns or apprehensions they have regarding undergraduate study.
The following workshops are available:
- Undergraduate Study – Have you got what it takes?
- Dismantling Barriers – Inclusion
- There is no ‘I’ in team
- UW Sports Challenge (Summer Term) – College students compete in a number of inclusive sports for the UW Sports Challenge Trophy
- Learning Through Sport Day (Summer Term) – Students from Years 9/10 take part in a host of sporting activities at UW St John’s Campus before walking down to New Road for further activities and an opportunity to watch a fixture at Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
- Sports Science Taster (Summer Term) – College/Sixth Form Students take part in a fun, interactive day of activities to open their minds to the role of science in sport and exercise.
Involvement in Lectures
Would you like to bring a group of primary or secondary aged children from mainstream or SEN education be taught/coached by current students as part of their studies?
To express an interest or find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Placement Opportunities
Could your school/college provide a work placement for some of our many students studying a range of courses? If so, please contact email@example.com