Undergraduate loans

Students at Worcester are fully eligible for the UK Government's student loan support package if they fulfil the appropriate criteria.


Tuition fee loans

The tuition fee loan covers your annual tuition fees of £9,250 for academic year 2021/22. UK students apply to their student finance provider who pays this, on your behalf, directly to the University of Worcester for each year of your study. The loan will be reduced by any fee waiver you have been awarded.

Maintenance loans for new students in 2021/22

You can also apply for a maintenance loan for day-to-day living expenses such as accommodation and food. This is also administered by your student finance provider and will be paid into your bank account in three instalments, once you've registered on your course. The current maximum for students from England you can borrow is £9,488 if you live away from home and £7,987 if you live at home with parents. The exact amount you can borrow depends on a number of factors, such as your household income.

For students who live in England you can learn more about student loans from the Directgov Student Loans website.

To see how much maintenance loan you will be eligible for, please visit the Student Finance calculator.

Higher Maintenance Loans are available for students with an underlying eligibility for means-tested welfare benefits.

Part-time students

Loans for tuition fees are available to eligible part-time undergraduate degree students who complete a minimum of 25% of the full-time course load per year (30 credits or more) and started after September 2012.

Eligible part-time students starting after September 2018 can also apply for a Maintenance Loan. The value of the loan will be a percentage of the full-time student loan, with the percentage depending on the intensity of study.

Students applying for courses with flexible and distributed learning pathways

Applicants for courses offering a Flexible and Distributed Learning Pathway should consult the relevant funding bodies regarding their eligibility for Student Finance.

International students

EU students

Students who are European Union residents or residents from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland who have pre-settled status can also apply for a tuition fee loan from the Student Loan Company.

Students from these countries who can be classed as “workers” or who have settled status may also be able to apply for Maintenance Loans and Dependant Grants.  

Irish students do not need to have settled or pre-settled status. 

More information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students . 

Non-EU students

If you are an international student, you will not be eligible for any financial assistance from the UK Government. You will need to apply for this kind of financial help in your home country. You may wish to consider applying for a scholarship.

American Students

Download our booklet explaining what financial aid is available for American students. 

FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Contact FAFSA on http://www.fafsa.ed.gov to access the form online
Enter the University of Worcester Code G41286

IEFC (International Education Finance Corp)
Provides scholarships/loans to US students and other students (with US guarantor)
See https://myglobaled.com/

Studying in the US