Advertise your vacancies
As an employer you can advertise your paid vacancies, internships and volunteer opportunities to our students and graduates.
Add your vacancies online
Our myCareer online portal allows you to add your vacancies directly and free of charge. The portal is used by all Worcester students and graduates throughout their student journey, starting with searching for part time jobs, through to placement opportunities, and then finding their full time graduate jobs.
You can submit and manage your adverts for:
- Graduate positions, with an immediate or future start date
- Part-time work suitable for vacations or alongside study
- Internships and placement
- Win-Win work experience projects
Visit our careers and employability pages to begin posting your vacancy.
Win-Win short work projects
This scheme brings students and businesses together for voluntary live projects, or offers of work experience from local employers. Students can offer skills and expertise and employers can offer genuine work experience opportunities to help students develop their employability skills.
These opportunities are voluntary arrangements between the student and the employer and have not been through any approval process by the university. Advertise your Win-Win work project through myCareer using the Win-Win project posting type.
Our Students' Union is keen to work with local community groups and charities to provide volunteering opportunities for students. You can find out more information on the Students Union volunteering page.
Business work placements
Work placements are a period of employment undertaken by students as part of their studies with Worcester Business School. The Business School is constantly seeking to generate new placement opportunities for its students, both in the local area and nationally. They provide support for employers at all stages of the work placement process to ensure that both the employer and the student get the most out of placement experience.
To advertise your business work placement to students, please use our myCareer platform.
Benefits of employing graduates
Together Universities and Higher Education Institutions in the UK help approximately 300,000 undergraduate and 100,000 postgraduate students obtain qualifications every year. The development of such highly educated people benefits not only the individuals concerned, but also businesses and the economy more generally.
Research with employers has identified the following ten key benefits of employing graduates:
- Graduates have great enthusiasm and are highly motivated
- Graduates can apply their knowledge in original and creative ways
- Graduates are enthusiastic learners and become productive at a faster pace
- Graduates can more effectively and efficiently adapt to new environments
- Graduates are the ideal target for career development and succession planning
- Graduates starting their first job arrive with no baggage. They have no pre-conceived ideas about what can and cannot be done
- Graduates have the ability to deal with complex issues and solve problems
- Graduates are trained in cutting edge technologies and can help firms with both product and process innovation
- Graduates can introduce new and fresh ideas, knowledge and techniques to the workplace
- Graduates have the ability and experience of working independently and to meeting tight deadlines.
Get in touch
Phone: 01905 855354