Your time at university is an important investment in your future career potential and your ability to compete for the most desirable graduate jobs.
The employment prospects for University of Worcester graduates are excellent - 96% of Worcester graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022). The combination of teaching methods and opportunities for skills development can really help you to develop the qualities that today’s graduate employers seek.
Careers in Business and Computing
Many of our graduates enter employment directly connected to their qualification. Others aspire to careers in research and therefore go on to study for a masters degree, or a PhD, in specialist fields.
We recognise that optimising your future employment and earning potential are key factors in selecting your degree. Our courses:
- offer the option of a paid placement year which significantly increases your chance of getting a job when you graduate, possibly even with your placement company (except Information Technology for Education BSc (Hons) and Joint Honours degrees). We also advertise short-term vacancies on our VLE
- offer the option to spend a semester abroad at one of our exchange universities in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia or New Zealand to help you develop the intercultural skills that are so highly sought after by today’s employers
- target selected Employability Standards in every module. These are designed by Worcester Business School in consultation with employers – so you will always be able to see the employability relevance of what you are studying
- include automatic access to our electronic CV Compiler Tool to create a live and evidence-based CV
- are accredited by, recognised by or mapped to professional qualifications and/or associations as appropriate
- provide access to our broad network of business managers and employers (including our own Business School Advisory Board) who work closely with us to design courses, offer scholarships and prizes, host student visits, support student competitions, provide work-related projects and contribute to teaching activities
- offer employment preparation workshops which include CV preparation, mock interviews/assessment centres and meetings with employers
- are written and taught by business professionals and practitioners who are fully aware of what today’s employers are looking for
- include work-based learning modules where you can learn via a live work-based project
- adopt a real-world, applied approach to learning, teaching and assessment so that what you learn is relevant and useful to your future employer(s)
- offer access to a host of CV-enhancing co-curriculum activities such as our start-up café, international study weeks, case study/business plan competitions, vacation research projects, mentoring activities, etc
- promote ‘earn as you learn’ part-time work opportunities which will significantly boost your employability after graduation