Sport uni taster days
The University of Worcester has a proven record of excellence in the field of sport and exercise science, with plenty to offer anyone who has an enthusiasm for sport, exercise and health.
By attending a Uni Taster Day, students can hope to achieve the following: have better understanding of the life of a sports student; have a clearer idea of the range of careers available to a sports graduate; have increased knowledge of the sports courses available to study in higher education.
A typical Sport & Exercise Science Uni Taster Day:
||Arrival, meet and greet by current sports students
||Practical workshop 1
||Practical workshop 2
||Free time for lunch at one of the campus cafes
||Tour of the campus, including sports science facilities
||Student life/sports course talk by recent sports graduates and Q&A with current students
||Depart the University
- Anaerobic Power & Reaction Testing
- Fitness Testing: Compare your Performance to the Professionals
- An Introduction to Biomechanics: Motion Capture
- Sports Therapy
- Developing a Team Culture
- Sports from around the World
- Experience Paralympic Sport: Adapted Physical Activity Games
- The Superhuman Experience: Wheelchair Basketball
- What is Dance at University?
- Inclusive and Adaptive Exercise for the Older Adult: A Simulated Learning Experience
- Managing the Transition to University
We can also deliver subject specific talks or a top up talk for current HND and foundation students, as well as sport specific taster days in football, rugby, basketball and netball.
In order to book a Uni Taster Day, please complete the online booking form or for further information please contact email@example.com.
There are also a range of educational workshops available, which have been designed to complement GCSE, A Level and BTEC Curricula. Please visit the educational workshop pages for further information.