We draw together academics and students with an interest in international studies.
The International Studies Research Group brings together University of Worcester academics and students, as well as external scholars.
We encourage interdisciplinary and collaborative research in international studies and provide a forum for new and innovative research. The group is integral to the purpose and activities of the Institute of Humanities, in particular enriching undergraduate teaching and postgraduate research.
You can read articles from members on the International Studies Research Group blog.
Research Group Leader
- Provide a cooperative structure which facilitates and promotes innovative and distinctive research and practice in international studies.
- Develop scholarship beyond traditional categories of analysis towards greater understanding of international, transnational and trans-cultural interactions and movements.
- Promote interdisciplinary and collaborative research in the humanities and social sciences.
- Liaise with scholarly and public bodies and promote research in international studies through public presentations and scholarly conferences and publications.
- Develop collaborative research activities at an international, national and local level.
- Enrich undergraduate teaching and postgraduate research.
Members of the International Studies Research Group collaborate with external organisations in the region, nationally, and internationally.
Environmental Research Institute, University of Belize
Ethio-Wetlands and Natural Resources Association
Faculty of Physical Culture, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations
Geographical Society of Ireland
Harriet Tubman Institute for Research on Africa and its Diasporas
History & Policy
Imperial and Global History Network
INCLUDE: The International Collaboratory for Leadership in Universally Designed Education
Institute of Commonwealth Studies, University of London
International Water Management Institute
Irish Studies, Boston College
National Maritime Museum
Self Help Africa
Society for Nautical Research
Socio-Ecological Systems and Sustainability Group
Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa
Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation
Ya'axche Conservation Trust, Belize