tel: 01905 542827
Sethu Sundari worked in clinical and corporate nursing roles in acute and community settings, in the UK and International healthcare systems for the first 16 years of her career. The majority of her experience centred on critical care nursing and educational leadership. After completing her MSc in Advancing Clinical Practice at the University of Worcester, she moved into higher education as a senior lecturer in 2015.
Sethu has led on theory and practice modules, with her expertise in bridging the theory-practice gap and student-led education. Sethu uses her wealth of experience in advanced clinical practice and translates this into innovative simulated educational resources. Her research areas focus primarily on simulated practice and out-reach work championing the professional image of nursing to the future generation.
In 2019, Sethu moved to the Department of post-qualifying programmes as the Programme Director for BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies top-up programme, to lead the new programme for the UK and international registered nurses. Alongside her professional responsibility, she is also doing her Educational Doctorate (EdD) at Institute of Education, UCL London.
- MSc in Advancing Practice, University of Worcester 2014
- PG Cert in Health and Social Care , University of Worcester 2012
- Teaching and Assessment in Clinical Practice, University of Worcester 2006
- BSc Nursing, Dr MGR Medical University, 1998
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2013
- Registered Teacher for Health and Social care, NMC 2012
- Registered Nurse (Adult), NMC UK 2002
- Registered Nurse and Midwife, TNC India 1998