Lecturer in MSc Nutritional Therapy
School of Allied Health and Community
Department of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Nutritional Therapy
Manal is a registered Nutritional Therapist with previous experience of working for a leading professional nutraceutical company as a clinical nutritionist. She also worked as a lecturer at another university teaching biochemistry, physiology and pathophysiology. Manal is passionate about nutrition and teaching, and finds her lecturing role very rewarding as she enjoys sharing her knowledge and experiences with students to provide them with a strong platform for their careers ahead.
Manal strongly believes that nutrition should be at the forefront of health and medical interventions and research. Manal also loves developing healthy and nutritious recipes which she shares on social media platforms to help and inspire others.
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition Science (with 1st class Honours)
- MSc. Nutritional Therapy (pass with Distinction)
- PgCert. Academic Practice in Higher Education
Manal currently leads two nutrition modules on the MSc Nutritional Therapy course, teaches across most modules and supervises dissertation students. She particularly enjoys teaching pathophysiology and how it links with nutrition and disease management. Manal also supervises and supports students on the Clinical Practice module and finds this very rewarding as she can finally see the students applying theory into practice.
- Nutrition and Functional Medicine
- Gut and digestive health
- The microbiome
- Mental health
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (mBANT)
- Registered with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)