Senior Lecturer - FD Health & Social Care
Department of Health and Wellbeing
tel: 01905 542776
MSc Health and Social Care.
PG Cert Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
BA (Hons) Business Management & Health Studies
CIEH Health and Safety Level 3
Teaching & Research
- Quality, policy, legislation and best practice
- Teamworking and leadership
- Communication and ethical practice
- Problem Based Learning
- Technologies in health and social care
- Workbased learning / projects in the workplace
- Literature review
Areas of Research Interest
- Problem Based Learning approaches in education
- Understanding the process of choosing a care home
- Achieving and maintaining quality in care services
- The impact of social care service re-design and de-commissioning
- Measuring the impact of children's services on difficult to reach children
Lisa undertook primary research for her undergraduate and Masters Degrees, to explore quality in care homes and the process of choosing a care home.Lisa conducted research to measure service user views of a changing local authority service and to measure the impact of services on hard to reach children (young carers and Gypsy, Roma, Traveller groups). In addition to local research, Lisa participated in a research expedition to the upper west region of Ghana, to help map the flora and fauna in an area of ecological interest and to explore local uses of plants for medicinal purposes.
Member of the Chartered Management Institute
Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
Cooper C., Cooper M., Porter L. (2006) Listening to Childrens Voices - Impacts on Childrens Lives (II) - Impacts of three Worcestershire Childrens Fund Projects' Research Paper for Worcestershire County Council.
Listening to Childens Voices Conference - March 2006.
Unwin P., Porter L. (2006) Kidderminster Connect - measuring the impact on service users changing from a traditional Day Care Service to a community based 'Connect' hub. University of Worcester Conference for Worcestershire County Council.
Worcestershire County Council training events (Speaker): Presentation of MSc research results to officers, social workers and senior managers - 2007 and 2009.
Member of New Assistive Technologies Group at Worcestershire County Council
Trustee – Friends of Wechiau Group (Registered Charity number 1113023 )