Senior Lecturer (Teaching) in Physical Education
School of Sport and Exercise Science
tel: 01905 855450
Karen is a Senior Lecture and Course Leader of the Physical Education and Outdoor Education BSc at the University of Worcester. Karen previously worked for The Youth Sport Trust as a Programme Manager for PE, where she led on developing and delivering resources, professional learning and materials to support both primary and secondary teachers of PE.
Prior to that Karen taught PE for 9 years in a number of high schools across Worcestershire and was a member of the Worcestershire Local Delivery Agency for PE, which involved delivering and developing professional learning opportunities for primary and secondary teachers.
- PG Certificate in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, University of Worcester (2018)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- PGCE in Physical Education,Liverpool John Moores University (1998)
- BSc (Hons) in Movement Science and PE, University of Liverpool (1997)
- Gymnastics Coach (artistic) Level 2
- Trampolining Coach Level 1
- Hockey Coach Level 1
- Netball Coach Level 1
Teaching & Research
- Teaching and learning modules in core PE, across all 4 key stages.
- Accredited PE.
- Primary PE and Government policy.
- Placement modules.
Karen is a co-opted Governor at The Pinvin Federation of Schools.