Find out about Mens & Womens Rugby Union at the University of Worcester.
The Mens Rugby programme at the University is led by Thomas Cubitt (Head Coach for Mens Rugby 1s). The Womens Rugby programme at the University is led by Alex Gardener (Head Coach for Womens Rugby 1s).
The University has established links with a range of local national & premiership clubs (mens), and premiership & championship clubs (womens). The University offers ambitious rugby players the opportunity to apply for scholarships at aspiring & elite level.
- We have two mens teams and one womens team competing in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) providing varying levels of competitive opportunities for students, from recreational to elite.
- All of our teams perform in Midlands tier 1 or 2.
- A number of weekly training sessions are provided for each team with games on Wednesdays.
- All BUCS teams have their own Head Coach, that ensures sessions are fun and inclusive.
- All BUCS teams have access to sports therapy treatment and massage prior to games, as well as designated student sports therapists who attend both their home and away games.
- Our Mens 1st and Womens 1st are performance teams means they can access a range of support including performance coaching, team & individual strength & conditioning, performance analysis and performance kit.
- We also offer a range of opportunities to participate in coaching, refereeing, performance analysis and other support roles in the programme. Volunteering and work placement opportunities are available within the rugby programme, to support a variety of subject areas.
For further information on the University of Worcester rugby programme, please contact:
Thomas Cubitt (Head Coach for Mens Rugby 1s) - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Gardener (Head Coach for Womens Rugby 1s) - Email: email@example.com