Find out about student basketball teams, local clubs, and facilities at Worcester.
- We have four teams (3 Men’s and 1 Women’s) competing in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) providing varying levels of competitive opportunities for students, from recreational to elite.
- Three of the four teams are performance teams – Women’s 1st and Men’s 1st and 2nd.
- The women’s first team compete in Midlands 1A and compete in Women’s National Basketball League (WNBL) Division 1 as Worcester Wolves women.
- Our Men’s first team compete in Midlands 1A and compete in the National Basketball League (NBL) Division 2 as the Worcester Wolves.
- The University of Worcester has 4 full size International FIBA standard courts, based across two campuses.
- Performance athletes receive daily access to Strength and Conditioning sessions, with qualified staff for all 3 performance teams. Additional to support from qualified sports therapy staff and trainee students.
- All 4 teams have daily training sessions, lead by level 2 and level 3 Coaches.
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities are available within the Basketball Programme, to support a variety of subject areas not exclusive to the school of sport.
- Opportunities to attain Coaching and Officiating qualifications are available.
For further information on the University of Worcester Basketball Programme, please contact:
Basketball Development Officer