Find out about student basketball teams, local clubs, and facilities at Worcester.
- We have five teams (3 Men’s and 2 Women’s) competing in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) providing varying levels of competitive opportunities for students, from recreational to elite.
- Three of the five teams are performance teams – Women’s 1st and Men’s 1st and 2nd.
- Our 3 Men’s teams compete in the top 3 leagues in BUCS competition. Our first team compete in BUCS Premier North League after winning promotion from 1A at the end of the 2018-19 season, where they also won the league and the trophy final. Our second team secured promotion into Midlands 1A by winning Midlands 2A, whilst our third team finished in 3rd place.
- The women’s first team compete in Midlands 1A and also compete in Women’s National Basketball League (WNBL) Division 1.
- The University of Worcester has 4 full size International FIBA standard courts, based across two campuses.
- Daily access to Strength and Conditioning sessions, with qualified staff for all 3 performance teams.
- We continue to benefit from our partnership with the Worcester Wolves, providing players the opportunity to train and play in a professional environment with professional players and coaches.
- All 5 teams have daily training sessions, by level 2 and level 3 Coaches.
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities are available within the Basketball Programme, to support a variety of subject areas.
- Opportunities to attain Coaching and Officiating qualifications are available.
For further information on the University of Worcester Basketball Programme, please contact:
Basketball Development Officer