Find out about student cricket teams at Worcester.
- We have a Mens and Womens cricket team at the university that plays throughout the year in BUCS indoor tournaments and outdoor competitive leagues.
- Our Mens team have 2 teams competing in the BUCS indoor cricket competition through the winter months as well as 3 teams competing in the outdoor league competitions during the summer.
- Our Womens team have 2 teams competing in the BUCS indoor cricket competition as well as a 1st XI team competing in the Western tier of the BUCS leagues during the summer.
- The mens and womens sides also have performance squads that work under UWSport. Two squads of 16 gain access to other programmes such as extra training sessions with our head coach Alfie Marston, strength and conditioning, sports therapy, and performance analysis.
- All mens and womens teams with train throughout the week from September to the start of the season in March with sessions being led by level 2 and level 3 coaches.
- We benefit from the MSci Cricket Coaching and Management course which started at the University of Worcester in 2022, giving cricketers the opportunity to play, train, coach and learn about the game in a cricket-focused programme.
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities are available within the cricket programme, to support a variety of subject areas.
- Opportunities to attain coaching and officiating qualifications are available throughout the year.
For further information on the University of Worcester cricket programme, please contact:
Daniel Such - (MSc Studentship Cricket) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfie Marston - (Mens & Womens Head Coach) – email@example.com