Senior Lecturer in Primary Education
tel: 01905 857547
Kate joined the University of Worcester in November 2021 as a Senior Lecturer in Primary Education, focusing on mathematics and science. She has been teaching on Initial Teacher Education programmes since 2009 and has also taught on Early Childhood Education and Primary Education programmes.
Prior to teaching in higher education, Kate was a primary school teacher with experience in the EYFS, key stage one and key stage two. She was also part of the Senior Leadership Team, mathematics and science subject leader, as well as an ECT and student mentor.
Kate is very passionate about primary teaching and is keen to inspire student teachers through the modelling of effective learning and teaching practice.
- MA Education (The Open University)
- PGCE Primary specialising in mathematics (Canterbury Christ Church University)
- BSc (Hons) (The University of East Anglia)
Teaching & Research
- Primary Mathematics
- Primary Science
- Teachers as Researchers
- Outdoor Education
- Overcoming mathematics anxiety in trainee primary teachers.
- Outdoor learning and teaching in mathematics and science.
- The use of stories to support learning and teaching.
- National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM)
- The Association for Science Education (ASE)
Academy Councillor- Victoria Academies Trust