We bring together academics and students with shared research interests c.1550-1800.
The Early Modern Research Group (EMRG) gathers University of Worcester staff and external scholars with a range of interests, including:
- Medieval drama and pageantry
- Shakespeare and the Jacobeans
- Witchcraft and the devil during the Renaissance
- Irish history after the Restoration
- Seventeenth-century landscape poetry
- Long eighteenth century in fiction, poetry and journalism.
The group is directed by Dr Nicoleta Cinpoes.
Staff, associates and postgraduate researchers
Head of English, Media & Culture and Director of the EMRG
Professor of Theatre Studies
Principal Lecturer in History and Politics
Professor of Early Modern History
Lecturer in English Literature
Lucy Cooper - PhD Candidate, English Department
Guillaume Foulquie - PhD Candidate
Ceri Fowler - Researcher
Laura Wilkes - MRes Student
The Masters by Research in History is an advanced postgraduate degree which can either be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as progression route into doctoral research.