Education Administrator: FdA in Early Years, Collaborative Working with Children, Young People and Families FdA and PA to Head of Department
Administrators and Support
tel: 01905 855036
The Education Administrator for the FdA in Early Years and Collaborative Working with Children, Young People and Families FdA provides administrative support to academic staff within the Department for Children and Families teams who run these programmes as part of their wider roles.
The role is varied and requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, commitment and use of initiative. The post also involves a high level of confidentiality. Simone is the central point of contact for staff, students and a range of external organisations including partner colleges and is responsible for ensuring the efficient management of all administration relating to the FdA in Early Years and Collaborative Working with Children, Young People and Families FdA as well as making significant contributions to the management of programme quality.
Simone provides PA support to the Head of Department.
Roles and Responsibilites
Personal Assistant to Head of Department for Children & Families
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Department, giving advice on administrative matters as required.
- Assist with diary management and re-scheduling when necessary.
- Demonstrating appropriate initiative and ensuring effective lines of communication.
- Taking due regard for matters of a confidential nature.
- Act as point of contact for the full range of internal and external contacts, including: students, tutors, senior managers, external examiners and partner colleges.
- To provide full administrative support to the team and to work closely with the Course Co-ordinator for the FdA in Early Years and the Course Leader for the Collaborative Working with Children, Young People and Families, with responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of documents in line with internal and external quality standards and guidelines.
- To liaise with partner colleges who deliver the FdA in Early Years (maintaining course team records for each partner college, collating course documents for quality purposes, inviting to meetings).
- To produce and maintain the calendar for team meetings and partnership meetings.
- To arrange and prepare for examination boards in liaison with Registry, tutors and external examiners. Ensure all documents are prepared and distributed appropriately.
- Assist and support in organising student conference
- To maintain and manage electronic documents such as course handbooks and generic course materials.
- To organise team, partnership meetings and away days (to prepare and distribute agenda’s, book rooms and order catering). To attend and act as secretary to take minutes and ensure timely circulation and follow up action if required.
- Create and update the Blackboard site for the partnership.
- Maintain appropriate filing system.
- Check website pages are up to date.
Qualifications and Training
- Leadership Development Programme/Certificate
- Mentor training
- Blackboard training
- Training in Word, Excel 2007, 2010
- SITs training
- Microsoft Outlook
- Change and Me
- Information Security Awareness
- GDPR training
- PREVENT training