Department of Pre-Registration Nursing
tel: 01905 85 5536
SRN, DipNurs, JBCNS 100, CertEd, Bed, MA.
Teaching & Research
Anatomy and Physiology, Pathophysiology, Nursing theory, Practice Assessment and Supervision, Clinical Skills
Practice learning, History of Nursing, Sociology of Health and Illness
- Clinical nursing experience as a staff within General surgical ward, Professorial Liver Unit, Surgical High Dependency, General and Cardio-Thoracic Intensive Care.
- Ward Sister of Male General Surgical Ward.
- Nurse Tutor/ Senior Lecturer (1985-1997)
- Joint Appointment as Senior Lecture and Professional Development Nurse between University of Worcester and Worcester Acute Trust (1997-2004)
- Senior Lecturer University of Worcester 2004 to present
- Commentator for Evidence Based Nursing
- The Role of the Nurse: a history of the role of the nurse
- History of Nursing: An analysis of nurse’s work
- History of Worcester’s Infirmary
- Evidencing Practice. Joint project between education and practice
- Putting research into practice
- Member RCN Research Forum
- Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor Preparation for local Trusts
- The Infirmary