Senior Lecturer in Education
Education and Inclusion
tel: 01905 855076
Ellie joined the School of Education at Worcester in 2013, as Senior Lecturer working within the School of Education. Her expertise and interest lies in Student Experience at University, Religion and Values Education, Inclusion, the Impact of Social Media, School Leadership and Classroom Observation.
Prior to her role at the University of Worcester, Ellie held a post of Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of Northampton for four years. There she was Head of Year 3 BA QTS and supported the trainee teachers as they prepared for their first year as qualified teachers.
The preparation for this role came from Ellie's earlier career in Primary Education which culminated in headship of a village primary school for 5 years. The school was placed in special measures by Ofsted during her first term, thus ensuing an upward climb to leave the school as Good when she moved into lecturing in Higher Education.
Ellie is studying for her PhD and is interviewing Gen Z students in Higher Education to find out about their values and the impact of the student experience. She is using narrative inquiry.
- B.Ed. (Hons)
- MA Policy Studies
- SFHEA (2019)
Teaching and Research
- Children and Young People’s Well-being and Social and Digital Media (level 4)
- From Exclusion to Inclusion (level 5)
- Religion in Education (level 5)
- Research Methods
- Values in Education (level 6)
- Independent Study supervision
- MA Religions and Values Education (level 7)
- The values of undergraduate students and the impact of university on their values development.
- Worcestershire primary RE hub- sharing good practice.
- Independent or dependent study? The evolution of the student’s role in their dissertation.
- AULRE- The network for learning, teaching and research in religion and education
- SACRE- Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education
Presented paper on ‘Using Narrative Inquiry to Understand the Values of Generation Z Students’. Generation Z in Higher Education Conference (2021)
Poster presentation at the Society for Research in Higher Education (SRHE) Conference (2019)
Presented paper on ‘Worcestershire primary RE hub- sharing good practice’. AULRE Conference (2018)
Presented ‘Students as Academic Partners’ project UW Teaching and Learning Conference (2018)
‘Excellent RE’ Hub project with University of Worcester/ Worcestershire SACRE/ REToday and Worcestershire schools (2017-18)
Book chapter: Hill, E. (2017) 'Religion and Belief', in Woolley, R. (Ed.) Understanding Inclusion: Core Concepts, Policy and Practice. Oxon: Routledge
SAP project (2017-18): Developing a learning community for the CEI: www.Broadeningminds.org
Presented paper on ‘Inside the Bubble’. SocRel Conference (2017)
Poster presentation on ‘PATs and Phase Leads’. UW Teaching and Learning Conference (2017)
REQM (RE Quality Mark) class-based research supervisor
Book chapter: Hill, E. (2014) 'Religious Education', in Dawes, L. and Smith, P. (Eds.) Subject Teaching in Primary Education. London: Sage
Presented Paper on ‘Mindfulness in the Primary Classroom’. Psychology Annual Conference (2014)
- Guest Editor for Religions Journal- Special Edition (2021- present)
- External Examiner BA (Hons) Education Studies- University of Central Lancashire (2016-2021)
- External Examiner BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS- University of Winchester (2013-2017)
- REQM (RE Quality Mark) class-based research supervisor (2014 -2016)
- External Examiner PGCE- Edge Hill University (2012-2014)