Senior Lecturer - Social Work
Department of Social Work and the Community
tel: 01905 542951
Diane is the course leader for the Social Work Continuous Professional Development programs. She currently lectures on the BA(Hons) Practice Realities module, MA Complex practice, supporting students to prepare for Social Work employment, PEPS 2 and Practice Leadership for Strength Based Practice.
She previously had a joint role with Worcestershire County Council and University of Worcester. At the council, she worked as the Principal Social Worker for Adults and had the opportunity to develop Adult Social Care by working on staff heath checks, overseeing quality assurance and improvement of social work practice, promoting social work practice events, evaluating the 3 Conversation model implementation and delivering bespoke legislation training.
Prior to this role, Diane worked as an Assistant Team Manager in Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council. She worked predominantly with adults in the community.
She looks forward to supporting students with an understanding of the skills needed for current Social Work practice.
- PG Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education – University of Worcester
- Best Interest Assessor - Birmingham University
- Award in Leadership and Team Skills(ILM) - Solihull College
- Practice Assessment - Bournemouth University
- Supervision and Assessment – Birmingham University
- Consolidation in Social Work – Warwick University
- MA Masters in Social Work – Warwick University
- LLB(Hons) Law – Wolverhampton University