Lecturer Adult Nursing and Facilitator for General Practice and the Independent Sector
Department of Pre-Registration Nursing
tel: 01905 542278
David has always wanted to make a difference. Initially, he completed a degree in Environmental Studies. This led to jobs with Scottish Wildlife Trust, The Youth Hostel Association and South Holland District Council. These roles involved wildlife management, development of environmental policy and teaching.
However, after much deliberation, David retrained as a Nurse. After qualifying, he worked in surgical urology, Intensive Care and Research. David joined the University of Worcester as a Lecturer and Practice Facilitator in August 2021.
- BA (Hons) Environmental Studies 2nd Class (1995)
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing (2007)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies 1st Class (2010)
- BSc Nursing Studies (Critical Care) (2012)
David's teaching areas of interest are Skills and Evidence-Based Practice. He also teaches qualified staff within the GP and Private sectors. Here, he concentrates on Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor sessions.
- David is currently studying towards his Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (PGCLTHE).
- David hopes to develop robust research proposals in the field of healthcare education.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Nursing and Midwifery Council