Woo Bike Share offers a great deal to students and staff who want to get about on two wheels. The 60 bike fleet has 30 pedal bikes and 30 electric e-bikes.
Why cycle to University?
Cycling is a convenient low-cost way to get healthier and happier. Riding an e-bike is great fun. Cycling 2 miles takes about 15 minutes, making it one of the quickest ways to get between University of Worcester campuses and through the city. You can buy affordable recondition bikes from the campus bike shop every Wednesday lunchtime. Prices range from £60, and there are free bike repair facilities next to the bike shop to help you easily maintain your own bike. The bike shop is located on St Johns Campus opposite the Thomas Telford Building. You may also speak to staff in the shop about quick bike health and safety checks and may be able to book in bikes for repairs.
Who can participate?
All students and staff can join Woo Bike Share, no matter whether new or existing, undergraduate or postgraduate, full-time or part-time, home, EU or International. Membership is on a first-come first-served basis, so be quick.
How does the Woo Bike Share scheme work?
- Students and staff join by paying a £45 annual membership via the online Woo Bikes system.
- When logging in above please to use your username. The username is the first part of the email before the @. If the email address is: OTHA1_23@uni.worc.ac.uk, the username is OTHA1_23.
- To start your academic year membership August to 31st July, collect your FREE helmet and lights from the Bike Shop.
- Collect the key from any 24/7 hub City or St Johns's reception. City reception is in the main building up the steps /external lift.
- Hire pedal bikes up to 7 days and e-bikes at no extra cost for 24 hours.
- To ensure fair access to the very popular e bikes we have introduced a new policy in 2023-24 where you cannot sequentially hire an e-bike. When you return your e-bike your next hire for a minimum of 24 hours must be a pedal bike.
- After you've used it, return the bike to any of our hubs and hand in the key (and battery for e-bikes).
All bikes are ready to ride, and come complete with lock, mudguards, rack (pedal bikes only) are checked annually and maintained by Spokes. Please remember to tell reception if there are faults with the bike so that it can be repaired before being issued to another member.
Once you have paid online woo bike members can access the bike shop Wednesday lunchtimes between 12.00-2.00 to activate your membership, collect your free helmet and lights, before you can take out a bike. Note during August each year there may be limited bike availability whilst all bikes receive their major annual service.
Read our Woo Bike loan membership agreement terms and conditions for more information.
Late return of bikes will generate a fine of £2 a day for pedal bikes and £4 a day for e-bikes. Fines must be paid online in the bike share system before rehiring a bike.