Training for Meeting Centre Staff and Volunteers
Meeting Centres training course for staff/volunteers
We have developed a 5-week fully online course to help staff/volunteers understand how to develop an enjoyable and flexible Meeting Centre which is key to the development of a successful Meeting Centre.
This 5-week course will support you to consider the different elements that make up a Meeting Centre and explore the practicalities of implementing it. This will include looking at:
- The Meeting Centre ethos
- The Essential Features of a Meeting Centre
- The Adjusting to Change model and how this model can be used in practice to support both members with dementia and family carers
- The physical, social and psychological effect of movement on individuals, with the opportunity for staff/volunteers to start to consider how this can be incorporated into the Meeting Centres programme.
Whilst we do not expect staff/volunteers to have in-depth knowledge of dementia, we do expect that they have some understanding, we therefore request that all those attending have become Dementia Friends see this link to access Dementia Friends
Mode of delivery: This fully online training will be delivered using the University’s online learning platform. It will include weekly scheduled 'live' online sessions where you will meet your tutor and fellow students, and independent study which you will complete at your own pace. Typically, you should spend approximately 4 hours each week working through this course. Two further online support sessions will take place at month two and five post completion of the course.
Access requirements: As a fully online training course you will require a reliable computer/laptop and internet access. You will require audio and video capability for the live online sessions so that you can connect with your tutor and fellow students.
Target audience: This training is specifically to support frontline staff/volunteers who will have day to day responsibility of running a Meeting Centre but may also be of interest to Trustees/other supporters.
- 1 November 2021 (live sessions will take place on Wednesdays)
- 4 April 2022 (live sessions will take place on Tuesdays)
- 4 July 2022 (live sessions will take place on Thursdays)
- 31 October 2022 (live sessions will take place on Wednesdays)
If you are interested in attending this training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01905 542531. We will then contact you and give more information about how and when to access the training. As spaces will be limited on each course please contact us asap.
Workshop fee: The training is free to UK delegates due to this project being funded by the National Lottery