Academic excellence is one of our core values and we conduct research of international importance to shape our lives - from changing our understanding of farming practices to improved treatments for disease. This research also underpins teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level and provides opportunities for staff to undertake consultancy.
The Institute of Science and Environment is unique in providing research across disciplines including Biology, Geography (human and physical), Archaeology, Environmental Science, and Horticulture.
Ensuring science is accessible and that research is relevant to society, is vital.
Staff Research Expertise
Individual staff interests cover a diverse range of expertise including:
- Human Geography
- Physical Geography
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Environmental and Animal Biology
- Archaeology Research Group
- Centre for Rural Research
- National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Group
- River Science Research Group (RSRG)
- Socio-ecological Systems and Sustainability Research Group
- The Ecology and Environment Research Group (EERG)
- Worcester Biomedical Research Group (WBRG)
Talks and workshops
You can feed your appetite for knowledge at the University’s research seminars, which run throughout the year on topical subjects, often closely related to individual research projects. We invite distinguished speakers from the University and beyond to deliver these free lectures.