Facts and Figures
The University of Worcester is the only Higher Education Institution in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Worcester is organised into six academic institutes:
- Institute of Science and the Environment
- Institute of Humanities and Creative Arts
- Worcester Business School
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Health and Society
- Institute of Sport and Exercise Science
Click for a complete course listing.
The student population for 2010-11 was 10,095, with approximately 80% studying on an undergraduate course.
Approximately 19% of students are on taught postgraduate programmes and 1% (111 students) are postgraduate research students.
Percentage of Student Body who are mature: 65% (over 21), 44% (over 25)
The percentage of student body who are female: 68%
Percentage of Students who have disabilities: 9.0%
National Percentage of Students who have disabilities: 8.0%
Percentage of Students by Institute
- Institute of Science and the Environment: 6%
- Institute of Humanities and Creative Arts: 13%
- Worcester Business School: 13%
- Institute of Education: 33%
- Institute of Health and Society: 25%
- Institute of Sport and Exercise Science: 9%
- Graduate Research School: 1%
Percentage of Graduates in Employment:
A recent survey showed that 90% of Worcester full-time first-degree graduates went into employment or further study. (Source: 2010/11 HESA DLHE Survey)
The University is a major local employer, with more than 700 staff members.