Course Leader for Sports Coaching Science with Disability Sport and Senior Lecturer in Sports Coaching Science
Institute of Sport & Exercise Science
tel: 01905 855490
David is a product of the University of Worcester having gained a first Class BSc. Hons degree in Sport & Exercise Science with Associated Physical Education. After graduating David continued his role at UW and was the first successful Masters International Coaching Science Studentship for ISES and has gone from strength to strength after gaining full-time employment as an academic member of staff.
David also consults and researches in the field of coaching science and coaches externally in elite level football. He has helped evolve the game of blind futsal and is a qualified FA Tutor. David is the Head Coach of Worcester Blind FC and also coaches the England and Great Britain Blind Futsal teams.
David has a variety of NGB Awards and as an ex-professional football player is a member of the Professional Footballers Association. His role at the University has grown since 2006 and he is now the Link Tutor for the Institute of Sport and Exercise Science (ISES) Partnership programmes with Telford College of Arts and Technology and Masaryk University in the Czech Republic.
- International MSc. In Sports Coaching Science
- PGCert In Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- BSc. 1st Class Hons in Sport and Exercise Science with Associated Physical Education
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
David holds a variety of English Football Association Coaching Awards and is a former professional football player
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
- Head Coach of Worcester Blind Football Club who are currently the FA’s National Futsal League Champions
- Identifying and developing grassroots blind and visually impaired futsal players
- Coach England and GB blind Paralympics players
- Developed a European Blind Football Network with clubs from the UK, Czech Republic, Germany and Greece
- Skill Acquisition of international elite male youth Academy players
- Psycho-social and psycho-physio aspects of disability sports players
- Blind and visually impaired football players and coaches
- Inter-disciplinary (Psycho-Physio) approaches to sports coaching science
- Professional Bodies
Mycock, D., Huijgen, B. & Peters, D.M. (2010). Comparison of soccer skills in male elite U15/16 youth players in England, Holland and Brazil.
Mycock, D.C., and Masilko, L., (2010). International opportunities in disability sports and blind football. Journal of Studia Sportiva, 4 (1), pp136-139.
Mycock, D.C. (2010). A comparative Physiological analysis between GB elite male B1 and elite sighted football players.
Castle, P., West, J., Faull, A. & Mycock, D. C. (2009). Foundations of Sport, Psychology, 3rd Ed. McGraw-Hill.
Mycock D. C., West J & Castle P. (2009) A psychometric case study of an elite American basketball coach.
Castle P, Rhoden C, West J, Incledon V & Mycock D. C. (2007). Foundations of Sport (Psycho-Social). McGraw-Hill.
- External Responsibilities
- GB and England National Team Blind Football Coach
- UK Partnership Link Tutor for Telford College of Arts and Technology (TCAT) for the HND Sports Performance and Coaching course
- International Link Tutor with Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic. Developed a specialist Erasmus teaching and student mobility link in Sports Studies and Disability Sports
- Head Coach of University Worcester Blind Football Club
- Coach Education and consultation with Blind Football Clubs from Brno and Prague in the Czech Republic