- An Honours degree normally (2:2) or higher from a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification, in Mathematics, Science, Engineering or Mathematics related degrees. Non-Mathematical degrees are welcome. You should demonstrate through your application the relevance of your experience and commitment to the Maths pathway.
Applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- A level in Maths (grade B or above) or an equivalent qualification*.
- Grade C/level 4 at GCSE in Mathematics (or equivalent) English Language and Science (or equivalent) passed at the start of the course. For further details on our GCSE equivalence tests, please contact AdmissionsA@worc.ac.uk or telephone 01905 855111
- Department for Education Professional Skills tests passed in Literacy and Numeracy. For further details visit the Professional Skills Test page
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children. It is at this point that we would discuss with a candidate whether additional school experience would support an individual in their decision that teaching is right for them.
*Bursaries from Department of Education may be available to trainees with at least Mathematics A level grade B or equivalent.
If you have lived, studied or worked overseas for three months or more in the last five years a Certificate of Good Conduct from the country of residence will be required. Further information and guidance associated with additional costs are available from the Home Office.
You will also be subject to the usual prohibition list and criminal record checks. In addition, the Department of Education requires all trainees to satisfactorily complete a medical questionnaire to demonstrate their fitness to teach.
The DfE requires all trainee teachers to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, which you will need to pay for.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.