As well as the friendly help and advice you will receive from the Accommodation Team, you will also be supported by our Student Support and Wellbeing Team, wherever you choose to live.

The Student Support and Wellbeing team are here to support students living on and off campus to help them to integrate into university life and encourage a positive experience whilst at university. The team can help with various issues associated with communal living, settling into a new environment, relationships, conflicts and periods of unhappiness or difficulties. 


The University has a team of Security Officers on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their principle role is to provide you with a safe and secure environment in which to live and study.

The Security office is also based in the heart of our St John's Student Village, adjacent to the laundry on the St John's Campus. The office is normally staffed from around midday through to 6.00am seven days per week. The team can deal with any emergency or pastoral issue or just provide a place to go for a chat and a cup of tea


Each Hall is well equipped with the necessary fire and smoke detection equipment and alarms, so you can be sure that you are being looked after.

All of the off campus accommodation we advertise has been inspected and licensed by Worcester City Council, who will have ensured that the necessary fire detection and safety equipment is in place.

Possession Insurance

The University of Worcester has provided possessions insurance for the duration of your stay within University accommodation through Endsleigh Insurance. This covers a range of belongings within your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. We advise you review your cover by visiting Endsleigh to familiarise yourself with what possessions are insured.

You have the option to extend your policy to suit your individual needs and avoid being under-insured. You may want to insure your mobile phone, push bike, or laptop outside of your room and other options are also available.

For claims information, your policy details, to extend your policy, or if you have a question visit Endsleigh.

Possessions insurance is only provided for off campus landlord houses when you have been allocated into them by the Accommodation team, otherwise your personal possessions, including food, are not covered by the University’s insurance, so you need to ensure you have adequate cover against any loss or theft. It is sometimes possible to extend home contents insurance policies to cover your belongings so check this before you leave home. There are a number of companies that can provide this service to you and it is a good idea to shop around to see who can give you the best deal. 

Get in touch

01905 855300

01905 542551

Student Support and Wellbeing Team
Please telephone firstpoint: 01905 542551

01905 855000


Get in touch

If you have any questions about accommodation, please call 01905 855300 or email