Academic entry requirements
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C/4 and above including English Language, Mathematics and Science. University of Worcester GCSE Maths and English equivalency tests are also accepted.
- 120 UCAS tariff points or BBB, to include A2 Grade B minimum in Biology / Human Biology / PE (General Studies not accepted). 120 points must be achieved in A2 subjects or equivalent
- BTEC Extended National Diploma (Sport & Exercise Science, Health Science and Applied Science preferred) DDD. Other BTEC National Diplomas may be considered with AS or A2 Biology / Human Biology / PE at grade B
- Irish Leaving Certificate: 3A and 3B grades in 6 Higher Level papers at one sitting, including 2 science subjects of which one should be Biology
- Access to Higher Education Diploma welcomed - 60 credits in total, with a minimum of 45 credits at Level 3 with at least 24 credits at Distinction and the remainder at Merit, with at least 15 of those in Biological Science related subjects. Access to Health and Science preferred. At least 120 UCAS points must be achieved
- International Baccalaureate: Obtain a total of 128 UCAS tariff points from a maximum of 3 International Baccalaureate Higher Level Certificates, to include Biology at H6
BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching, and Fitness) may be considered where Mandatory units 1, 2 and 4 receive a Distinction grade and Optional Units 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 are chosen and receive a Distinction grade. AS Human / Biology or PE at grade B can be offered in addition where these units are not offered.
BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance and Excellence) may be considered where Mandatory units 1, 2, 4 and 17 receive a Distinction grade and Optional Units 14, 15, 18 are chosen and receive a Distinction grade. AS Human / Biology or PE at grade B can be offered in addition where these units are not offered.
We will consider the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science at Distinction if 3 of the following optional modules are chosen: 15 - Sports Injuries, & 7 Exercise, Health and Lifestyle, 6 Sports Biomechanics in Action, and 8 Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise, or 9 Fitness Training and Programming.
We will ONLY consider the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science with an AS in PE or Biology at grade B or above.
We will not be accepting the new Extended Certificate in Sport (taught from 2016).
Other additional qualifications may be considered where an applicant does not have the necessary Biology or PE qualifications. Students should normally have been in education within 3 years of commencing a place on the course. Please contact Admissions Team C for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English and who are required to provide a language test certificate as evidence of their proficiency must ensure that it is, or is comparable to, IELTS level 7.0 with no element below 6.5. (HCPC 2013)
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - 7.0 with no element below 6.5