Professional Learning for Educators and Leaders
Creating a stronger, more efficient and more successful education system requires great leaders.
The University is committed to working in partnership to develop outstanding teachers and leaders in order to deliver excellence and equity in the education of young people and adults.
- Work alongside schools, academies, MATs and other settings in each phase
- Build professional capacity
- Develop leadership talent across the education system
- Partner with self-improving, self-sustaining school networks
What do we do?
- Support the growth of clusters of professionals with a shared sense of purpose and trust
- Embed collegiate problem-solving and problem-based learning
- Facilitate learning conversations through stimuli such as think-pieces
- Elicit shared experiences and expertise
- Strengthen individual and collective capacity
- Facilitate networks, create links and connections
- Research-informed interactions support joint practice development and the process of change
- Expert facilitation is central for clusters alongside coaching and mentoring to respond to emerging individual needs
- Emphasis on a culture of trust, honesty and openness
- Leveraging peer knowledge and expertise balanced with securing self-sufficient networks
- Maintaining our neutrality whilst recognising regulatory and accountability frameworks