We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result.
- We have been ranked 4th out of 154 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2017 People & Planet University League.
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability. We increased our score in the July 2018 reaccrediation process.
- We have been Green Gown finalists in a number of categories every year since 2011, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- International Silver Green Apple Award winners for Environmental best practice 2018, in for two projects; A City Council, University collaboration Go Green Week in the City and Energize Worcester a project with Worcester Bosch group.
- A Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008