Lecturer PSHE and RSE, UG Year 2 Cohort Lead, SENDI and Diversity Lead
tel: 01905 542563
Victoria joined the Institute of Education in 2017 as a lecturer and subject lead for Primary PSHE and RSE. She teaches on the undergraduate professional studies module and leads PSHE and SENDI across the undergraduate and postgraduate ITT courses. She is undergraduate cohort leader and part of the partnership team.
Prior to joining the university she spent 15 years working in primary schools both in the UK and abroad and has had experience teaching all year groups ranging from Nursery to Year 10. During her career in primary education, she has been part of a number of management teams in various roles and has spent the majority of her career as both PSHE coordinator and SENCo across the primary and secondary age phase. She worked as a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) for PSHE creating PSHE networks and training across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- MEd Educational Leadership and Management
- BEd Primary Education with English Literature (Hons) QTS (University of Chester)
Teaching & Research
- Creating meaningful PSHE lessons within primary schools
- Relationships and Sex Education
- Online resilience
- Professional identity for teachers
I am interested in research into high quality PSHE provision and the barriers which need to be overcome in this area.
Other areas of interest include:
- Inclusive assessment Relationship and sex education and self esteem
- How PSHE education can be fully incorporated into ITT provision