As the Design and Technology (D & T) Technician, Sue is a key member of the Primary and Secondary teams delivering Initial Teacher Education programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Sue provides technical and administrative support to staff and students for sessions relating to food, textiles and creative workshops, as well as managing stock levels, ordering goods and buying fresh ingredients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ordering of goods, materials and equipment from suppliers
- Checking deliveries
- Undertaking stock checks and maintaining inventories of equipment
- Arranging maintenance and repair of equipment and tools
- Assisting Subject Leaders with monitoring of budgets, and contributing to budget planning
- Ensuring security of equipment and materials
- Prepare materials, ingredients, equipment and resources for teaching sessions.
- Where appropriate, assist during sessions and workshops, demonstrating and overseeing safe use of equipment and tools.
- Collect student projects for assessment and arrange return after marking where necessary.
- Undertake copying or arrange printing as required.
- Assist with preparation of written materials, student handbooks and other documentation
Qualifications and Training
- BSc (Hons) International Studies (Open)
- MA West Midlands’ History (Birmingham)
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Change & Me
- Introduction to One Drive
- Information Security Awareness
- GDPR Training
- PREVENT Training