Course Leader for Sport Development and Coaching, and Senior Lecturer in Sport Development and Sport Business Management
School of Sport and Exercise Science
tel: 01905 542508
Mandy joined the University in 2011 following 20 years’ work within the sport development industry. An enthusiast for physical activity, sport and getting people active, Mandy has supported initiatives for disabled people, youth groups, schools, sports clubs and Local Authorities and has worked for the national sports charity the Youth Sport Trust, as both a trainer and regional / national staff member, since 1996.
Mandy works part-time as a Senior Lecturer supporting the Sport Development and Sport Business Management modules, as well as being a Senior Tutor for the Youth Sport Trust Learning Academy delivering on key programmes such as Girls Active, My Personal Best, and the Football Associations Disney Inspired Shooting Stars programme.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of Worcester (2013)
- MA Sports Development, University of Gloucestershire (1999)
- BSc Sport Science and Administration, Nottingham Trent University (1992)
- University of Worcester Teaching Award 2017
- Fellow of The Higher Education Authority (FHEA)
Teaching & Research
- Operational Sport Development
- International Sport Development
- Sports Strategy
- Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Sport Development and Lifelong Participation (active ageing)
- Youth Sport Development
- Teaching and Learning – student experience
- PE and School Sport Premium
- Community Leadership and Volunteering
- Olympic Games
Senior Trainer and Tutor for the Youth Sport Trust Learning Academy.
External Examiner for BSc (Hons) Sport Development with Coaching at Sheffield Hallam University.