Lecturer in Sports Coaching (Teaching)
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Kelly joined the University as a Sports Development and Coaching graduate from the University of Worcester. An enthusiast for games based learning and coaching athletes of a variety of ages, Kelly has supported charities, sports clubs and leisure centres to develop the sport and physical activity opportunities available and upskill the coaches delivering these activities.
Kelly is a full-time lecturer supporting the sports coaching modules, as well as being a tutor for the Institute of Swimming. She regularly delivers training to swimming teachers through national governing body courses, inclusive of safeguarding and competitive swimming seminars. Kelly is also part of the leadership team on the Swim England youth panel supporting youth projects in aquatics across the midlands.
- MSc Performance Coaching (Distinction), University of Stirling
- BA (Hons) Sports Development and Coaching (First Class), University of Worcester
Teaching & Research
- Coaching Pedagogy and Practice
- Intrapersonal Skills in Coaching
- Interpersonal Skills in Coaching
- Operational Sports Development
The relationship between the parent-coach-athlete in sport.
Swim tutor for Institute of Swimming