Outdoor Campus Supervisor and Advanced First Aid Trainer/Assessor
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 543043
Jon graduated from Worcester with a BSc (Hons) in Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Management in 2016 as a result of a career change and has worked at our Lakeside Campus since its inception the same year. Previously he worked as an instructor at a local activity centre. He recently completed a Level 7 Supporting Student Learning in Higher Education module.
He is the First Lieutenant (2nd in charge) at the Worcester unit of the Sea Cadet Corps, holding the rank of Chief Petty Officer. Jon is also an advanced trainer and assessor in various health and safety qualifications that he delivers for University staff and students.
He enjoys encouraging young people to experience and learn in the outdoors.
- BSc (Hons) Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Management, University of Worcester (2016)
- IOSH Fall Arrest Protection Equipment Inspector
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- BCAB Level 3 British Canoeing Canoe/Kayak Coach
- BCAB Level 3 British Canoeing SUP Coach
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RLSS Open Water Lifeguard
- Swim Safe Teacher
- Ofqual Regulated Advanced First Aid Trainer/Assessor
- Ofqual Regulated First Aid for Mental Health Trainer
- Ofqual Regulated Safeguarding Trainer
- Ofqual Regulated Manual Handling Trainer
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme Gold Assessor
- Climbing Wall Instructor Trained
- Mountain Leader Trained
Scope of Role at University
Jon is one of the first points of contact for academic, student and community groups wishing to use Lakeside Campus. He works closely with the Outdoor Activity, Sports and Exercise Manager and other supervisors to ensure all outdoor education facilities are maintained to the highest standards as well as ensuring all student staff are delivering activities in a highly professional manner. His role includes staffing and profiling staff hours across the year, purchasing, budget planning, school and community group engagement and management of the day-to-day running of Lakeside Campus including the facilitation of the training and continuous student staff development.
Jon’s dual role is that of activity instructor and in particular as a paddlesport coach.
- Lakeside Campus Supervisor
- Adventurous Activity Safety Lead
- RYA Chief Instructor
- First Aid Trainer/Assessor
- University Liaison to the College of Paramedics
- First Lieutenant - Worcester Sea Cadets
- Worcestershire County Council Enterprise Advisor
- Malvern Hills District Council Mental Health and Wellbeing Board
- West Midlands Open Water Swimming Steering Group
- Associate Member and Liaison to the College of Paramedics