Outdoor Sports Duty Supervisor and Advanced First Aid Trainer and Assessor
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 622223
Jon graduated from Worcester with a BSc (Hons) in Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Management in 2016 as a result of a career change and has worked at our Lakeside Campus since its inception the same year. Previously he worked as an instructor at a local activity centre.
He is currently reading for an MA in Outdoor Education and enjoys encouraging people to experience and learn in the outdoors. He volunteers with the Sea Cadet Corps, holding the rank of Chief Petty Officer and often works with a local outreach charity.
Jon is also an advanced First Aid trainer and assessor and has a keen interest in pre-hospital care.
- BSc (Hons) Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Management, University of Worcester (2016)
- MA Outdoor Education, University of Worcester (ongoing)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- UKCC Level 1 British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RLSS Open Water Lifeguard
- Swim Safe Teacher
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme Gold Assessor
- Climbing Wall Instructor Trained
- Mountain Leader Trained
- Ofqual Regulated Advanced First Aid Trainer and Assessor
- Ofqual Regulated First Aid for Mental Health Trainer
- Ofqual Regulated Safeguarding Trainer
- Ofqual Regulated Manual Handling Trainer
- IOSH Fall Arrest Protection Equipment Inspector
Scope of Role at University
Jon is one of the first points of contact for academic, student and community groups wishing to use Lakeside Campus or our outdoor sports facilities. He works closely with the Outdoor Activity, Sports and Exercise Manager and other supervisors to ensure all outdoor sports facilities are maintained to the highest standards as well as ensuring all student staff are delivering activities at a high standard. His role includes staffing and profiling staff hours across the year, purchasing, budget planning, school and community group engagement and management of the day-to-day running of Lakeside Campus including the facilitation of the training and continuous student staff development.
- Lakeside Campus Supervisor
- Land Based Activity Safety Lead
- First Aid Trainer and Assessor
- University Liaison to the College of Paramedics
- Managing Director Hunt Training Limited
- Training Officer Worcester Sea Cadets
- Worcestershire County Council Enterprise Advisor
- Malvern Hills District Council Mental Health and Wellbeing Board
- West Midlands Open Water Swimming Steering Group
- Associate Member and Liaison to the College of Paramedics