Sports Therapy Technician
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 855349
James graduated from the University of Worcester with a BSc (Hons) in Sports Therapy and has since joined the team and now working as a Sports Therapy Technician.
James started out his career as a Royal Marines Commando which saw him on operations around the globe. After leaving HM forces James worked as a private security consultant, working in and around the Middle East for many years before deciding on a career change. Subsequently, this led James into the health and fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and massage therapist. Throughout James’s career he has gained a significant amount of experience in coaching boxing, running, football and fitness classes. In addition to representing the Royal Marines in competitive boxing and cross country running. James continues to keep in good health and is currently competing as an elite obstacle racer.
Upon completion of his degree, James set up is own private injury and rehabilitation clinic and now helps provide joint medical cover for the Worcester Wolves basketball team.
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma Advanced Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma Massage Therapy
- Level 3 First Response Emergency Care
- Level 2 Gym Instruction
- Level 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Physical Activity to Children
- NVQ Level 2 Public Services
- Level 1 England Boxing Coach
- Level 1 Football Coach
- Award in Education Training (AET)
Scope of Role at University
- Managing the University Sports Therapy clinics and providing supervision for massage clinics.
- Providing technical support to the Sports Therapy team and students.
- Organising and supervising students on external events.
- Owner of Regain Performance.
- Head coach and founder of Train Commando Fitness.