MSc Studentship - Football Coach
School of Sport and Exercise Science
tel: 01905 542691
James (Jimmy) Beardsmore is a sports coaching practitioner with experience in a number of different contexts including: school curriculum delivery, youth coaching and university football programmes. Jimmy is a football coach who has worked within the foundation phase, youth development phase and the professional development phase. He has a passion for developing people and supporting athlete-learning.
- First class degree in BSc Sports Coaching Science, University of Worcester (2018)
- FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football (2019)
- FA Youth Award (2018)
Scope of Role at University
Head of the University’s football programme, overseeing the women’s and men’s provision. Jimmy’s role also includes student outreach and engagement, which utilises his skills in the teaching of some undergraduate modules. He also acts as outreach to external bodies to demonstrate the provision available at the University of Worcester in football.
Coaching the men’s football first team, mentoring other coaches delivering in the football programme, setting a football syllabus and creating a ‘vision’ and culture for the football club.
Football Coach for Kidderminster Harriers Junior Academy.
- Previously worked at Birmingham City University football programme.
- External football coach at Malvern College.
- Worked at the Albion Foundation as a Community Coach.
- Grassroots football coaching experience.