PhD Research Student
tel: 01905 855214
Deborah joined the University of Worcester in 2018 for a PhD Studentship researching Identity transformations: Exploring single older women's adjustments to physical ageing through participation in physical activity.
Originally a business graduate and entrepreneur, Deborah has worked in HR and Careers and also recently for Worcester City Council in Adult Education and the Supporting Health and Physical Exercise (SHAPE) course. Her other areas of research have included career trajectories over the lifespan, lifelong learning, identity and the changing views of retirement.
- MA Professional Practice, Nottingham Trent University (2015)
- Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Education and Training
- Post Graduate Diploma Careers Guidance, University of the West of England
- BPS Psychometric Testing, University of Worcester
- Certificates in HR and Law Updates, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Entrepreneurship and Professional Development, Warwick University
- BA Business, Bristol Polytechnic
Career Development Institute
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
British Sociological Association
Supporter of Women in Sport