Lecturer in Paramedic Science
Department of Paramedic Science and Physician Associate
David is a HCPC Registered Paramedic who qualified with Hereford and Worcester Ambulance Service in 1994. Since then, he has been worked as a Paramedic on HEMS for 12 years, developed as an Advanced Practitioner with West Midlands Ambulance Service and now offers his legal services as a witness to the courts in medico-legal claims.
Before joining the University of Worcester, David was the Educational Coordinator on the DipROM programme with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and has also practiced Paramedicine in remote and austere environments around the world, including Vietnam, Nepal, Cambodia and India.
- HCPC Registered Paramedic;
- Diploma in Remote Medicine, DipROM RCSEd;
- Advanced Paramedic;
- Bond Solon Expert Witness.
With his experience in remote practice around the world, David has an interest in advanced patient care to include: aspects of trauma management, alternative wound closure techniques and dealing with minor injuries.
David also represents the HCPC, often being called to give unbiased opinions upon a Registrants practice, understanding evidenced based report writing and is keen to demonstrate the importance of full, accurate and concise patient records to Paramedic students.
David is currently researching aspects of pre-hospital wound closure to include the use of alternative closure methods that may be adopted within everyday ambulance practice.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC);
- College of Paramedics;
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Faculty Advisory Board;
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care.
- Guidance for Medical Provision for Wilderness Medicine – Extreme Physiology & Medicine 20154:22 of Pre-Hospital Care.
- Pre-Hospital Ambulance Service Trauma Manual as used alongside the JRCALC Trauma Course offered by the Ambulance Service.
Motorsport Paramedic – BSB Medical offering trackside support to British, World Superbike and MotoGP series.