Through a range of activities, including presentations, mentoring and careers talks, STEM Ambassadors play an essential role in inspiring the next generation with the world of STEM subjects and careers. Their support isn't just limited to the classroom - STEM Ambassadors also volunteer in STEM Clubs, youth and community groups and at public events, individually or with their employers' programmes.
Why sign up as a STEM Ambassador?
There are many reasons why we think you should become a STEM Ambassador - here are just a few:
- Being a STEM Ambassador is lots of fun - you get to spend time doing something totally different to your day job
- You can directly take part in inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals and entrepreneurs
- It can improve your communication skills - by speaking to a different audience, or practising public speaking you'll be refining your skills as you volunteer
- By supporting local schools and/or the pipeline of young professionals entering your profession, you can give back to your local and/or professional community
- Volunteering as a STEM Ambassador directly contributes towards any CPD or volunteering hours you may need to become accredited with your professional membership body
"Being a STEM Ambassador is probably the most satisfying aspect of my career. Inspiring kids for the future is the pinnacle of what’s possible and it’s tremendous fun too!"
Derek Langley, Product Manager, Thales
Sign up as a STEM Ambassador here. Once signed up, you will recieve a link to an online induction - self paced learning designed to empower and support STEM Ambassadors. Once this is complete, we will send you a link to apply for a DBS certificate. After you receive your DBS, you are welcome to start volunteering, and will also recieve an invite to a welcome webinar from the Hub.
Free STEM resources and community support
The West Midlands STEM Ambassador Hub has a small supply of resources which are available for STEM Ambassadors to borrow to support their activities with schools and community groups. Please contact us to learn more about requesting the resources and the terms and conditions involved.
The STEM Learning website hosts over 10,000 free resources for working with young people. Filter by subject, age range and resource type to find the right resources to inspire students. Alternatively, use these links to browse our curated resources, categorised by subject, for Primary, Secondary and Post-16 students.
Join the STEM Community to network, share news, receive and provide advice with other STEM Ambassadors. Simply log in using your STEM Learning account.