Worcester Business School
MA Master of Arts in Management Studies
PGDip Postgraduate Diploma in Audit Management & Consultancy
CMgr Chartered Manager
PGCert Research Methods
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
“The evolution and devolution of governance within the multiple shared service networks in Local Government”
Robert is an insider researcher and is studying the effects of shared services on two case study organizations. He is following the shared services over a six year period (2008 to 2014) to identify the effects of the shared service networks on the hierarchical structures of the two local authorities involved. It is expected that the research will contribute to both the academic and professional knowledge base.
- Professional Bodies
- FCMI - Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- CFIIA - Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (UK & Ireland)
- MMS - Member of the Institute of Management Services
• Milford, R (2016) “Upstream Collaboration vs Mirror Collaboration” Collaborative Journal Vol.2 Ed.3
• Milford, R (2015) “Who gets the vote?” Collaborative Transformation Journal Vol.2 Ed.2
• Milford, R (2013) Internal Auditing in a Shared Service World. Audit Viewpoint (114). pp. 12-18.
• Milford R (2017). “The evolution and devolution of governance within the shared internal audit services in local government: the story so far”, Presentation at the MORS Research Group Research Seminar. Representing the MORS Research Group, date, University of Worcester, UK.
• Milford, R (2015) Internal Audit: The Vanguard of Change. In: the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors South West Region Conference, 15th May 2015.
• Milford, R (2015) Bridging the Gap. In: the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors South West Region Event, 15th April 2015.
• Milford, R (2014) Governance, Risk and Compliance – Strategies, challenges and rewards for setting up achievable goals and cross functional collaboration. European GRC Summit 2014, Panelist expert, available from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFKRkLB97JU [accessed 16th May 2016],
• Milford, R (2014) Audit and Assurance over Outsourced and Shared Services. In: CIPFA Procurement & Contract Audit Update Seminar, 17th September 2014.
• Milford, R (2014) Auditing in the shared service world. In: the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors International Conference, 6th July 2014
• Milford, R (2013) Auditing in the Shared Service World. In: CIPFA in the Midlands Audit Training Seminars (CATS), 2nd October 2013. (Unpublished)
• Milford, R (2013) Auditing in the Shared Service World. University of Worcester Post-Graduate Research Conference July 2013, available from http://worcestergrsconference.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/rob-milford.pptx
- External Responsibilities
Lecturer at Coventry University
Director of Milford Research and Consultancy Limited
Member on the IIA South West Committee
Former Head of Internal Audit in the Public Sector