Institute of Education
tel: 01905 542507
- Role Summary
Provide administrative support to academic staff within the Early Years, Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Training teams. The role is varied and requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, commitment and use of initiative. The post also involves a high level of confidentiality. Jeanette is a central point of contact for staff, students, former trainees and a range of external organisations.
- Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support, advice, information and assistance to colleagues (both professional support and academic) in all teams.
- Ensure that processes are in place to maintain up-to-date course and centre portfolios and monitor progress.
- Ensure that colleagues have relevant information they require.
- Provide guidance notes and/or devise check lists to assist colleagues.
- Facilitate the sharing of good practice across programmes, and liaise with line managers to arrange for colleagues to support each other where good practice.
- Provide training if required on a 1:1 or small group basis to share information and disseminate good practice.
- Arrange, attend and minute meetings, providing information or progress reports as necessary, including formal, written reports if required.
- Establish a proactive working relationship with the UW web management team and Communications and Development marketing experts, and seek their support, advice and guidance on updating webpages in line with good practice relating to public engagement with websites.
- Liaise with Heads of Centre, Course Leaders and Course Administrators to share good practice already evident on our website, or those of other providers, to identify gaps or issues and to offer support where necessary to update web information. This might include redrafting text, finding exemplars that can be adapted, or arranging for documents such as handbooks, pictures or video clips to be uploaded.
- Monitor progress on IoE web page development and provide verbal or written updates to IMT, Heads of Centre and Course Leaders.
- Assist in proposing and developing new systems, disseminating to colleagues and monitoring effectiveness over time.
- Qualifications and Training
Qualifications and Training
• Access to Higher Education Course
• BTEC HND in Business
• BSc First Class (Hons) in Management
• Post Compulsory Certificate in Education
• University of Worcester – Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 Training
- Professional Bodies