Education Administrator: Primary Initial Teacher Education
Institute of Education
tel: 01905 855072
- Role Summary
As Undergraduate Education Administrator, Jane interfaces between tutors and students, collating information relevant to each student’s University profile and informing the Primary team of issues as they arise. She also supports the Primary team with routine administration tasks and works in a PA role to David Flint, Head of Centre for Primary Education.
- Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
Personal Assistance to Head of Centre for Primary Initial Teacher Education
· Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Centre, including giving advice on administrative issues as required.
· Deal with correspondence in any format while maintaining and promoting the high professional standards of the Institute by communicating efficiently and effectively with the full range of internal and external contacts.
· Assist with diary management and scheduling when necessary.
· Use appropriate initiative to sort and prioritise correspondence for the Head of Centre, and to respond on their behalf in their absence if necessary, taking due regard for matters of a confidential nature.
Administration of Primary Initial Teacher Education (ITE) programmes
· Act as first point of contact for the full range of internal and external contacts, to include:
Students, Tutors, Senior Managers, Internal departments, External examiners, The Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA), OFSTED, Schools, Colleges and HEIs. This will involve the use of sound judgment, decision-making and prioritising skills, and discretion. The role also involves giving advice on procedural, administrative, academic and pastoral issues, as well as dealing with student queries relating to Primary courses.
· Provide a full administrative support service to the Primary team, with responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of documents in line with internal and external quality standards and guidelines.
· Arrange and prepare for Examination Boards in liaison with Tutors and External Examiners, to ensure that all documents are accurate and available by the appropriate date.
· Attend Examination Boards to provide up to date information on students.
· Produce and maintain the calendar for Primary ITE courses, meetings and events.
· Maintain and manage electronic documents such as student handbooks, timetables and generic course materials.
· Create and maintain appropriate course records and databases, record staff leave and produce a duty rota for the summer period.
· Organise team meetings, away days and course development days (preparation and distribution of agendas, room/venue bookings, catering bookings etc.), attend and act as secretary when required, take minutes and ensure timely circulation and follow-up action if necessary.
· Collate validation documents, in liaison with course tutors, and contribute to validation and re-validation processes as required.
· Create and update the Virtual Learning Environment (Blackboard) pages.
· Arrange collection of student work, receive marked work from Tutors and co-ordinate distribution to students within the appropriate timeframes.
· Maintain appropriate filing systems, and ensure all notice boards, publicity materials and pages of the website are up to date.
- Qualifications and Training
Qualifications and Training
- Professional Bodies