Advertised on behalf of University of Worcester International College (UWIC)
Holmes Institute believes in rewarding success and offers exceptional career prospects in the UK and internationally.
UWIC reserves the right to fill the position by invitation.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and CV, should be sent to: Duncan Watson | Director, University Pathways | email@example.com
Applications close at 11.00am on Monday 11 December 2017.
We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted
Applicants will need to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 11 Dec 2017
- Job details
- Competitive salary, full-time, permanent
- Responsible to
- Director, University Pathways
- Interview date
- To be confirmed
About Holmes Institute
Holmes Institute is a diversified, multinational, multi-sectoral education provider that offers an extensive range of educational programmes for students and professionals including university programmes from undergraduate to masters level, secondary education, language training, vocational and work-based training and teacher training. This year saw the launch of the University of Worcester International College (UWIC), the first university partnership in the United Kingdom at the University of Worcester. We are recruiting ambitious, talented professionals to take this exciting new venture forward.
- Main duties
About the role
The Academic and Student Services Manager will be tasked with the successful implementation and delivery of UWIC’s provision of teaching and learning and student support services. This will include but not be limited to the following areas: managing and supporting academic teaching staff; administration for compliance; assuring quality standards of teaching and learning; student support and welfare services; monitoring student participation and engagement; student performance and overseeing remedial intervention programmes; records, reporting and regulatory matters. The role will require working collaboratively with other members of the college team across marketing, admissions, finance, ICT and corporate staff as well as with colleagues at the University of Worcester.
- Person specification
Person specificationEssential Requirements
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree level qualification
- Relevant, professional experience in a similar role within the education sector
- Track record of success in academic management and provision of student support services
- Knowledge and experience relating to QAA education oversight and Tier 4 sponsorship duties and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flair for presentation
- Strong English language communication skills (verbal and written) including effective report-writing skills
- Passion for engaging students through the effective delivery of induction, orientation and support activities
- High-level administrative skills including competency in the use of Windows-based software packages
- Familiarity of working in a fluid, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage projects and budgets efficiently
- Capable of organising own workload to meet deadlines in the context of multiple demands
- Attention to detail combined with a flair for ambitious, original thinking
- Thrives on working under pressure, motivated by the opportunity to show initiative and take ownership
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings to support recruitment activities if required
- Team player to the core
- A recognised teaching qualification and teaching experience
- Experienced in the use of VLEs (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle)
- Thorough knowledge of university pathway programmes
- A good working knowledge of UKVI Tier 4 compliance regulations and QAA Code of Practice
- Curriculum development experience
- Proficiency in a second language
Apply for this job